Thursday, November 25, 2010

Did the taste of the food in America change over the past 20 years?

The reason I'm asking is because now all of the food is genetically modified and I'm wondering if the GM changed the taste. When I came to America 6 years ago I couldn't stand the food here, everything has weak and taste and everything tasted the same to me. So do you think the food in America used to taste better?Did the taste of the food in America change over the past 20 years?Yes, the food tastes have changed. Mostly for the better. Home cooking now favors the use of seasonal ingredients, a wider variety of spices, and in general more upscale fare.



Some dishes will always remain favored such as mac and cheese, meat loaf and mashed potatoes and of course pizza.



I've been cooking for 40 years and I do not cook the same way I did 20 years ago.Did the taste of the food in America change over the past 20 years?Yeah of course,like when they make something then take it out of the business



(ie,guacamole lays chips,gone!)Did the taste of the food in America change over the past 20 years?Yes. My opinion is since we got so much technology no one makes anything from hand anymore!